Mount Everest is Earth’s highest mountain at 8,848.86 m (29,031.7 ft) above sea level, and is located in a sub-range of the Himalayas. The China–Nepal border runs across its summit point.
Mount Everest attracts many climbers, including highly experienced mountaineers. There are two main climbing routes, one approaching the summit from the southeast in Nepal (known as the ‘standard route’) and the other from the north in Tibet. While not posing substantial technical climbing challenges on the standard route, Everest presents dangers such as altitude sickness, weather, and wind, as well as significant hazards from avalanches and the Khumbu Icefall. As of 2019, over 300 people have died on Everest, many of whose bodies remain on the mountain.
One early expedition resulted in one of the greatest mysteries on Everest to this day: George Mallory and Andrew Irvine made a final summit attempt on June 8, 1924 but never returned. This sparked debate as to whether or not they were the first to reach the top. Tenzing Norgay and Edmund Hillary made the first official ascent of Everest in 1953, using the southeast ridge route.
Set the tone of your room from the walls out by putting Mount Everest on your wall. Art prints are available in five sizes, from x-small to x-large. *Product details below.
Artist: Cameron Stevens
- Natural white, matte, ultra smooth background
- 100% cotton, acid and lignin-free archival paper
- Custom trimmed with border for framing; 1″ for x-small and small, 2″ for all larger sizes
- Every order is custom made just for you
- All sizes listed are overall paper dimensions including the white border
- Exact sizing may vary slightly due to printing process, we advise waiting to buy frames until the prints arrive.
- Product Note: Color variations between on-site previews, your screen and printed artwork may occur.